Translated from German, Zeitgeist means "the spirit of the moment", and is the key principle underpinning AYANA's service philosophy. Here, we share our inside tips and favorite haunts to help you experience the AYANA Zeitgeist.
The combined forces of AYANA and RIMBA’s culinary team stole the show at Bali’s 8th Salon Culinaire Competition, taking home 10 awards from the event. Attended by thousands of people from Bali’s tourism sector and over 800 exhibiting companies from 40 countries, the competition was part of the Food, Hotel, and Tourism Expo held from 6 – 8 March 2014.
AYANA and RIMBA’s Culinary and Food & Beverage Service teams showed their mojo withan outstanding display of talent from the kitchen to the table. Competing against chefs from other 5-star Bali hotels, they won two individual awards, three individual medals, as well as five medals in the new team-category competition, Dewata Gastronomic Challenge and Wine Pairing, which scores each hotelon a 3-course menu with wine pairing and table set-up.
Congratulations to all team members on their outstanding achievement!
1. Rio Phillipus Ginting (UNIQUE Rooftop Bar) won Diploma Award for Individual Hot Cooking Meat for
“Crusted Strip Loin with Butternut Puree, Glazed Vegetable Beetroot, Foie Gras Veloute, and Yuzu Pepper Sauce”
2. Ida Bagus Adi Pratama (To’ge Restaurant) won Diploma Award for Individual Hot Cooking Meat for “Pan Roasted Beef Sirloin Steak with Sweet Purple Potato Puree and Thyme Reduction”
3. Putu Gede Harry Pramana (To’ge Restaurant) won Bronze Medal for Individual Hot Cooking Meat for “Roasted Fillet Harvey Beef Striploin, Crusted Black Truffle Broccoli with Onion Marmalade, Pumpkin Mousse and Honey Glazed Baby Vegetables, Butter Foie Gras and Thyme Zoe”
4. Dhani Iskandar (Sami Sami Restaurant) won Silver Medal for Individual Hot Cooking Fish for “Barramundi with Spicy Crab Crust on Light Sauce of Lemongrass, Micro Herbs, Spinach Tortellini and Clams”
5. I Made Erik Darmawan (AYANA Pastry) won Bronze Medal for Chocolate Pastry Showpiece and Cake for “Tulips Chocolate Showpiece and Black Pepper Chocolate Cake”
Dewata Gastronomic Challenge and Wine Pairing team won:
- Gold Medal for Best Main Course “Duo of Tokusen Grade 9+ Beef Tenderloin & Knuckle with Butternut Pumpkin and Brie Cheese Torte, Beetroot Mousse, and Onion Confit”
- Bronze Medal for Best Service
- Silver Medal for Best Creative Table Set Up with “Winter Wonderland” Theme
- Silver Medal for 3-Course Gastronomic Menu:
Appetizer: Foie Gras Terrine on Brioche with Raspberry Jelly, Spiced Pecan, Fruit Mustand, Candied Zest and Poached Apple
Main Course: Duo of Tokusen Grade 9+ Wagyu Beef Cheek & Knuckle with Butternut Pumpkin and Brie Cheese Torte, Beetroot Mousse and Onion Confit
Dessert: Valrhona Chocolate Fondant with Strawberry Parfait, Feuilletine and Candied Pistachio, Blueberry Compote and Milk Sorbet
- Gold Medal for Best Team Second Runner Up
Congratulations to the Dewata team members:
1. Patrick David Ramon (To’ge Restaurant) as Team Leader
2. Irma Anindita (RIMBA Garde Manger) for the Appetizer
3. I Ketut Juliarta (Dava Restaurant) for the Main Course
4. Tan Rio Wiyanto (RIMBA Pastry) for the Dessert
- Service and Table Set Up
1. Gede Budi Umbara (Banquet/Events) as Team Leader
2. Ngakan Made Artana Yasa (Padi Restaurant) as Sommelier
3. Putu Gede Andika Udiana (Banquet/Events) as Waiter
4. Ni Nyoman Juliani (Rock Bar) as Waitress