Translated from German, Zeitgeist means "the spirit of the moment", and is the key principle underpinning AYANA's service philosophy. Here, we share our inside tips and favorite haunts to help you experience the AYANA Zeitgeist.
“I love my job, my guests and AYANA. Everyday is a blessing because I can meet new people here and make friends with them.”
2. How long have you been with the hotel?
2 years 4 months
3. How would you define great service?
Warm welcome (first impression) and close engagement with the guest as an honored guest.
4. You are called an AYANA Superstar because you always go the extra mile to ensure a memorable stay for guests. Can you share an example of a time when you were able to help a guest or wow them with a surprise?
I had a guest who stayed with us and was very happy with AYANA, and she went home and recommended AYANA to a friend who was celebrating their wedding anniversary. I took note of this occasion and sent a cake on their anniversary date and looked after them well during their entire stay.
I am naturally observant and note guests’ preferences in terms of their comfort. This is so that the next day, before they return to the pool, they will be surprised to find the same lounge chairs and table have been set up for them with fresh towels, cold water, and sometimes toys for their kids. I am also very good at remembering names and details like their favorite drinks.
6. Do you have anybody you look up to or are inspired by?
My dad and my cousins who have worked on cruise ships around the world. I look up to them and aim to be as accomplished and well-traveled as them in the future.
7. What do you like to do in your time off?
Spend time with my family at home. I like cooking and gardening.