Translated from German, Zeitgeist means "the spirit of the moment", and is the key principle underpinning AYANA's service philosophy. Here, we share our inside tips and favorite haunts to help you experience the AYANA Zeitgeist.
Doing last minute gift shopping this festive season and out of ideas? Don’t despair, we make shopping easy with some inspiring gifts that you can arrange by phone or email, for delivery within the next week! Your gift will be presented as a personalised gift certificate, valid for 12 months to provide freedom for the recipient to choose their most convenient date and time to experience the special treat you have chosen for them. With the world-class facilities of an integrated resort spread across cliff-top gardens with spectacular ocean views, 15 restaurants and bars, award-winning spa and extensive recreation, you can choose from a variety of unforgettable experiences :
1. Everyone needs a holiday, so a gift voucher for a memorable stay at AYANA or RIMBA would never disappoint. Choose one of our Special Offers (http://ayanaresort.com/en/specialoffers) or the Suite Deal at RIMBA.
2. Plan a perfect family holiday for the next year! AYANA & RIMBA offer a family holiday package with two rooms including a 50% saving on the second room, and daily breakfast for four people. Connecting rooms and suites are available, and our 5-star Bali hotel offers on-site babysitting and 2 Kids’ Clubs.
3. An exceptional dining experience is another amazing gift from Indonesian, Indian to Chinese cuisines, from buffet to fine dining, you have the freedom to choose amongst 15 venues at AYANA and RIMBA and present a gift voucher for who you think will most wow your special someone.
4. For a more intimate dining experience, what could be more memorable than a romantic dinner under a star-studded moonlit sky alongside your loved one? Present one of our Romantic Dining Experiences and our culinary experts will prepare a tantalising menu for an unforgettable evening.
6. For those addicted to self-rejuvenation, one of our luxury spa treatments offers a perfect gift. Pamper them with the unforgettable sensation of Thermes Marins’ signature Diamond Miracle treatment at Spa on the Rocks! They will remember it always.
7. A 2-hour session in the world’s largest Aquatonic Seawater Therapy Pool provides a head-to-toe hydromassage that reportedly burns 500 calories per session! This treatment is recommended for those traveling long hours to combat jetlag.
8. Sometimes it seems people have everything, but few have made their own perfume. Give a voucher for a perfume-making workshop at L’Atelier Parfums et Creations Studio, where the on-site French perfumer will take you through the process of creating your own 30ml eau de fragrance.
9. A trip to Bali must include a visit ti the award-winning Rock Bar, but a gift that avoids the stress of queuing at sunset would be well-appreciated! Give one of our Spa + Rock Bar packages to see your loved one skip past the queue and down to the waves.
The choices are endless, and definitely not limited to the above ideas. Design and customise a perfect holiday escape with us; our professional staff would be delighted to recommend the best solution for you.
For more contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Who would have thought that this year will fly by as the speed of light? Even in Bali where time seems to stand still, it has been a quick 2014!! Some people are preparing their New Year resolutions, others might be in denial or just too busy to even remember what date it is today. If you’re one of those, we are here to make it easy for you to decide what to do and where to go for the festive season!
Kick the season off with Christmas tree lighting on 6 December and then enjoy a month-long festival with musical sunsets, a big 30 December Eve Eve Party with Celebrity DJ Mr. Best (sure to give NYE a run for its money as night of the year!), New Year’s Eve Countdown with Sonia Rao, pyrotechnics and fireworks lighting up the night sky… and never-ending selection of special festive menus across our 15 dining venues. But don’t worry about any over-indulgence, our Spa detox treatments will be the perfect remedy!
Choose your festive program with our online guide to the best of Christmas and New Year’s events across AYANA and RIMBA. Safe travels and see you soon!
P.S.: Santa sends Gede and Ayu Bear to bring presents for our?Facebook?friends. Stay connected for your chance to win!
National heroes are often only honored momentarily, and forgotten as time passes. Which is why 10 November, Indonesia’s National Heroes’ Day, is such a special day to remind us of the courage of the men and women who fought for our freedom as an independent nation.
On this day, 10 November 1945, our heroes the arek-arek Suroboyo (Indonesian warriors from Surabaya) fought in the ‘Battle for Surabaya’ against Dutch and British troops. This battle was a critical moment in the Indonesian National Revolution, and became a symbol of Indonesian resistance against the colonisers.
The leader of the battle, Sutomo, also known as Bung Tomo, was the icon of the Indonesian National Revolution. He was reowned for his bravery and fiery speeches that uplifted Indonesia’s militia. However, Bung Tomo was only officially recognized as a National Hero in 2008, 27 years after his death.
Today, talking about heroes does not have to be so extreme as the people who fought in great battles and sacrificed themselves for their country. A hero can also be someone around us, someone inspiring, or someone who changes lives for the better. It can be our parents, family, friend, relative, or a complete stranger.
To honor National Heroes’ Day, we asked some of our team members at AYANA Resort and Spa about their heroes :
1. Yelly – Guest Recognition
Yelly’s hero is her mother who gave her life, who always understand her, who is a friend as well as her Mom. One piece of the advice that she remembers from her Mom is, “When you do something, do your best with sincerity, love and don’t forget to pray. After that you will get the best result.”
2. Sugi – Sales Executive
Sugi adores the man who taught him how to read, and taught him about the Balinese Tri Hita Karana philosophy (the balance between god, man and nature). That man is his Dad. He is apparently a bit grumpy to others but he never gets angry to Sugi. “Always stay healthy, Dad”, that is what Sugi always prays for.
3. Kariawan – To’ge Restaurant Server at RIMBA Jimbaran Bali
Soekarno, Former President of Indonesia, is Kariawan’s representation of a hero. Kariawan says that everyone knows Soekarno was a brave man who led Indonesia in the struggle for Independence. Soekarno will always be in his heart.
4. Anna – Russian Guest Relations Officer
Jared Leto from 30 Seconds to Mars is Anna’s hero. The movies he has starred in and the music his band plays really inspire her because they contain so many life lessons. She even has a tattoo of the band. Her favorite quote from Jared Leto is : “Tell me what you killed to save a life, tell me what you killed to prove you’re right” from the song Hurricane
5. Clive Edwards – Resort Manager
“Be careful of the power of your words,” said Clive’s father, who always been his hero. Clive respects his father’s wisdom, generosity, guidance and counsel. His father has been a major influence on Clive’s management and leadership style, in engaging with guests and team members.
As a Pinterest addict, Well-Placed-Insider has pinned at least a gazillion pictures on “All things weddings”, from the decor, wedding dress, bridesmaid’s dresses, cake, favors (do you know that people give sunglasses and flip-flops away now?), to the table set up and how to style and ultra-cute ring-bearer. Weddings inspire a pond of creativity.
But above all that, perhaps the most important decision a couple must make is the venue. A venue that is not only a beautiful backdrop for all the above but is also easy to reach, nearby accommodation and transport services, and with service that is second to none.
So imagine the dilating pupils when Well-Placed-Insider saw that the premier resort for a destination wedding in Bali, AYANA Resort and Spa, has launched SKY, a unique and exciting location for couples to say ‘I do’.
Enjoying maximum privacy and 180-degree cliff-top ocean and sunset views, SKY is located in a tranquil stretch of AYANA’s 1.3 kilometer coastline above Jimbaran Bay. Part of a spectacular new 7,500 square meter multi-purpose event venue, it is the newest of eight wedding venues at the 90-hectare property. The name SKY reflects the dramatic open-air design with ceremonial steps and multi-tiered fountains cascading down to the cantilevered deck extending 3.5 meters out from the cliff, where couples feel on top of the world as they exchange vows at eye level with the horizon. You will seemingly float 35 meters above the Indian Ocean with endless views melting into the horizon!
It might sound overwhelming, but the design encompasses many intimate spaces and complete privacy. So if you are only inviting your nearest and dearest, you can opt for a ceremony on the cliff-edge deck that accommodates up to 80 people. If you’re inviting every one of your Instagram or Facebook connections then your 1,000 guests can be entertained in the surrounding gardens with a standing cocktail party. SKY is also perfect for couples who are big on photography, with its breathtaking backdrop of the shimmering ocean and AYANA’s famous sunset views, so there’s no need to travel somewhere else to get those perfect wedding snaps. I hate to say I told you so… but the SKY is the limit.
For inquiries, contact email@example.com or phone +62 361 702222.
The Rock Bar bartenders were in very fine form last week, representing not only Rock Bar but Bali in the national “VIVE Mixo Concept” Mixologist Competition in Jakarta. They not only won, but took out all top 5 spots against 21 other bartenders from 10 different cities. A huge feat and we are very proud of the boys!!
We stole five minutes from team leader Elva to find out what it felt like to rock such a huge achievement.
How did it feel to be a part of such an amazing competition? Were you nervous?
It was so exciting! We have been preparing for the last month. We won the last competition in the series which took us through to the finals to not only represent AYANA in Bali also. Of course I was very nervous, especially when we found out how good the competition was.
So what was your secret weapon and winning concoction?
It was a Chamopolitan which is a combination of vodka, cranberry jelly, lime, homemade chamomile sugar powder and a ahomemade chamomile infused vodka spray.
It sounds like a dream, not a drink. Maybe it will be next on the menu at Rock Bar! What in your opinion is trending at the moment in the world of cocktails?
Simplicity is very big at the moment. It’s all in the small details and how the drink is made as well as where the ingredients are from. At Rock Bar we are really focusing on Balinese ingredients and getting all of our garnishes locally and making sure they’re all homemade or homegrown. It’s back to basics in the world of cocktails.
In saying that, what is your fave Rock Bar cocktail?
I like our Whiskey Rock and Sour and I like mixing it up and using dark rum sometimes instead of whiskey.
Thanks for stopping by Elva! I think you deserve a drink after all of this.
If you’d like to meet Elva and our rock star team, you will find them down at Rock Bar each night, breathing fire, juggling those homemade garnishes and of course smiling behind our infamous glass topped bar – they have always got a reason to smile and this win is just another one!
AYANA and RIMBA was chosen to host the fifth annual Asia Pacific Pay TV Operators Summit 2014 (APOS 2014). In between meetings and star studded gala dinners, the participants spotted familiar faces such as Angie Miller from the Season 12 of American Idol, celebrity Chef Rachel Allen, the legendary tennis champ Martina Navratilova and other TV personalities. There were even apparently an appearrance of Darth Vader! It was an amazing event and the whole AYANA and RIMBA team was honored to be part of it.
Check for more pictures here!
It was a beautiful day in Jimbaran Bali for the grand launch of UNIQUE Rooftop Bar & Restaurant on 12 April. As part of RIMBA Jimbaran Bali, UNIQUE is a chic pool club by day, evolving into a spectacular spot for sunset cocktails and dinner perched high above the treetops, with a refreshing seabreeze and views of RIMBA’s surrounding forest tot ehe ocean beyond. It brings to 15 the number of restaurants and bars across the AYANA Resort and Spa property, which is also home to RIMBA as an integrated resort, giving guests unrivaled choice to indulge their taste buds for cuisines from every corner of the globe.
After the local favorite Lapuja performed, American Idol 2010 winner Lee DeWyze brought in the sunset with his Idol-hit ‘Hallelujah’ as well as ‘Blackbird Song’ which he wrote for AMC’s Walking Dead series and tracks from new album ‘Frames’. Lee DeWyze was very gracious in smiling for the camera as all the ladies (and quite a few men!) lined up to immortalize their memory of their major eargasm (or maybe it was just me!)
The 300 guests also enjoyed a sample of UNIQUE’s new dinner menu, Moet Hennessy Champagne, Belvedere ice bar, and sideshow entertainment ranging from a laser show and live music to animal print body artist, robots in the lifts and mermaids in the pool. Yes you read that right, mermaid. The only thing missing from the party was a Unicorn!
Here are some snapshots for those of you who didn’t make it:
AYANA’s superstars were immortalized in a Walk of Fame on 21 March 2014 at a black-tie presentation event for the 2013 Canon and Zeitgeist Awards. The annual awards are held by the resort each year to recognize our team’s commitment to be Reliable, Loyal, Worldly, and Memorable, with awards presented to those team members who have upheld our commitment to excellence in their service and passion for their role.
There were 20 nominees for the annual awards, each having won a quarterly award in 2013 and undergoing intense product knowledge testing and evaluation by their departmental leaders and senior management. As they awaited the results of the annual award winners, a cabaret show opened the glamorous celebration and decadent gala dinner, with live entertainment by the resort’s talented in-house musicians.
Congratulations to the 2013 Canon and Zeitgeist winners, who each received a holiday to Singapore including accommodation at the 6-star Capella Singapore (AYANA and RIMBA’s sister hotel within Capella Hotel Group), return flights for 2 people, and spending money!
The combined forces of AYANA and RIMBA’s culinary team stole the show at Bali’s 8th Salon Culinaire Competition, taking home 10 awards from the event. Attended by thousands of people from Bali’s tourism sector and over 800 exhibiting companies from 40 countries, the competition was part of the Food, Hotel, and Tourism Expo held from 6 – 8 March 2014.
AYANA and RIMBA’s Culinary and Food & Beverage Service teams showed their mojo withan outstanding display of talent from the kitchen to the table. Competing against chefs from other 5-star Bali hotels, they won two individual awards, three individual medals, as well as five medals in the new team-category competition, Dewata Gastronomic Challenge and Wine Pairing, which scores each hotelon a 3-course menu with wine pairing and table set-up.
Congratulations to all team members on their outstanding achievement!
1. Rio Phillipus Ginting (UNIQUE Rooftop Bar) won Diploma Award for Individual Hot Cooking Meat for
“Crusted Strip Loin with Butternut Puree, Glazed Vegetable Beetroot, Foie Gras Veloute, and Yuzu Pepper Sauce”
2. Ida Bagus Adi Pratama (To’ge Restaurant) won Diploma Award for Individual Hot Cooking Meat for “Pan Roasted Beef Sirloin Steak with Sweet Purple Potato Puree and Thyme Reduction”
3. Putu Gede Harry Pramana (To’ge Restaurant) won Bronze Medal for Individual Hot Cooking Meat for “Roasted Fillet Harvey Beef Striploin, Crusted Black Truffle Broccoli with Onion Marmalade, Pumpkin Mousse and Honey Glazed Baby Vegetables, Butter Foie Gras and Thyme Zoe”
4. Dhani Iskandar (Sami Sami Restaurant) won Silver Medal for Individual Hot Cooking Fish for “Barramundi with Spicy Crab Crust on Light Sauce of Lemongrass, Micro Herbs, Spinach Tortellini and Clams”
5. I Made Erik Darmawan (AYANA Pastry) won Bronze Medal for Chocolate Pastry Showpiece and Cake for “Tulips Chocolate Showpiece and Black Pepper Chocolate Cake”
Dewata Gastronomic Challenge and Wine Pairing team won:
- Gold Medal for Best Main Course “Duo of Tokusen Grade 9+ Beef Tenderloin & Knuckle with Butternut Pumpkin and Brie Cheese Torte, Beetroot Mousse, and Onion Confit”
- Bronze Medal for Best Service
- Silver Medal for Best Creative Table Set Up with “Winter Wonderland” Theme
- Silver Medal for 3-Course Gastronomic Menu:
Appetizer: Foie Gras Terrine on Brioche with Raspberry Jelly, Spiced Pecan, Fruit Mustand, Candied Zest and Poached Apple
Main Course: Duo of Tokusen Grade 9+ Wagyu Beef Cheek & Knuckle with Butternut Pumpkin and Brie Cheese Torte, Beetroot Mousse and Onion Confit
Dessert: Valrhona Chocolate Fondant with Strawberry Parfait, Feuilletine and Candied Pistachio, Blueberry Compote and Milk Sorbet
- Gold Medal for Best Team Second Runner Up
Congratulations to the Dewata team members:
1. Patrick David Ramon (To’ge Restaurant) as Team Leader
2. Irma Anindita (RIMBA Garde Manger) for the Appetizer
3. I Ketut Juliarta (Dava Restaurant) for the Main Course
4. Tan Rio Wiyanto (RIMBA Pastry) for the Dessert
- Service and Table Set Up
1. Gede Budi Umbara (Banquet/Events) as Team Leader
2. Ngakan Made Artana Yasa (Padi Restaurant) as Sommelier
3. Putu Gede Andika Udiana (Banquet/Events) as Waiter
4. Ni Nyoman Juliani (Rock Bar) as Waitress
The sky was the limit when Bali’s first Ah Yat Abalone Seafood Restaurant tossed a plate of food into the air, as part of the ancient ritual of Yee Sang plate tossing to welcome the Chinese New Year. The celebration was a particularly auspicious occasion for Ah Yat, following its launch in Bali last November at RIMBA Jimbaran Bali, the new sister hotel of the award-winning AYANA Resort and Spa.
Enjoy the pictures of the feast below, and Gong Xi Fa Cai!